- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 T vegetable oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups flour
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/4 t salt
- No special technique involved here. Just mix it up in a bowl.
- Heat oil to 375. I like to use an electric skillet rather than a pan on the stovetop, but it's really about personal preference.
- Spoon the batter into a pastry bag, or a plastic ziplock bag with the tip cut off.
- Squeeze the batter into the hot oil, creating that distinctive squiggly shape as you go.
- Set the fried funnel cakes on a paper towel to drain any excess oil, and sprinkle with powdered sugar.